Buy Adipex P Online The Guatemalan Plantain Mole, has its origins in the middle of XVI Century, when the confraternities (cofradías) started in this territory. It was then when the ingredients of two continents were merged in this exquisite dish. The chocolate of Mayan origins and the sesame seeds, chilies and cinnamon of the East, brought to our lands by the Spaniards. This dish, Guatemalan Plantain Mole, has been perfected on its preparation, from the pre-hispanic era to the colony, on its quality as well as on its flavor. It has become one of the most delicious desserts, emerged in the San Marcos region, which has the chocolate as the main ingredient, that, along with the other ingredients becomes an exquisite sauce mixed over sliced fried plantains. http://todayisvintage.com/portfolio/a-perfect-murder/ RECIPE Ingredients 1 pasilla chile or 1/4 tsp. chile powder 2 tbsp. pumpkin or squash seeds 3 tsp. sesame seeds 2 oz. grated Mexican chocolate or 1 oz. grated unsweetened chocolate 2/3 cup hot water 1 cup coarsely chopped tomato 3 fresh tomatillos, husked and coarsely chopped 1 to 2 cinnamon sticks, broken into pieces, or 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon 2 tbsp. sugar 1/4 tsp. salt 1/2 cup vegetable oil 3 to 4 ripe plantains, cut into 1/2-inch diagonal slices 2 tbsp. breadcrumbs Preparation
- If using pasilla chile, soak in water 15 minutes, remove seeds, finely chop, and set aside.
- In a nonstick or dry skillet, combine pumpkin seeds and 2 teaspoons of the sesame seeds. Cook over medium heat, stirring, until lightly toasted, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and to cool completely.
- In a separate bowl, combine chocolate and hot water and stir.
- In a blender or food processor, combine chopped pasilla (or chile powder), toasted seeds, chocolate mixture, tomato, tomatillos, cinnamon sticks (or ground cinnamon), sugar, and salt. Process several seconds until well blended. Set mole mixture aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil. In batches if necessary, cook plantain slices on both sides until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Pour out all but 1/4 cup oil from skillet. Stir in mole mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium-high heat for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add breadcrumbs and stir until mole has thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Top plantain slices with mole and sprinkle with remaining 1-teaspoon sesame seeds.